Get your Wellington MODO on
Create a Computer-Generated character using The Foundry's MODO software that embodies what Wellington means to you.
The best entry will WIN:
One year license for the full MODO Suite (valued at $1799, thanks to The Foundry)
A Wacom Intuos Pro Tablet (valued at $500, thanks to PB Technology)
A Gigatyte GeForce GTX960 4GB Video Card (valued at $500, thanks to PB Technology)
A three-day pass to Pause Festival in Melbourne (valued at $650)
A two-day pass to AnimfxNZ 2016
MODO offers modelling, sculpting, painting, effects and animation tools in one easy to use out of the box content creation package, with powerful modelling and sculpting tools, and an advanced photorealistic viewport and preview renderer, MODO lets you iterate faster for better concepts and productions models. Created with artistic workflows in mind, MODO puts the fun back into digital content creation and design. Artists and designers are free to explore and focus on creative efforts that maximize quality output in less time.
Judges will include representatives from The Foundry, Mechanic Animation and the Wellington Regional Economic Development Agency.
Terms & Conditions
AnimfxNZ is organised by Grow Wellington Ltd, part of the Wellington Regional Economic Development Agency. By entering this Competition, entrants are deemed to have read, understood and accepted the following terms and conditions:
Competition – Get your Wellington MODO on
Entrant – The individual who submits an entry form via the Animfx Wellington Competition website form
Entry/Entries – Artwork submitted for the competition and completed entry form.
Prize – One year licence for MODO software, Wacom Tablet, Video Card, 3-day pass to Pause Festival in Melbourne and 2-day pass to AnimfxNZ 2016.
1. Entries must be submitted as a .lxo file.
2. To enter, entrants must submit their entry and entry form available at www.animfxnz.co.nz/competition
3. The Competition commences on Friday 20 November 2015 and ends on Friday 15 January 2016 11.59pm. Entries received after this time will not be accepted. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery.
4. Every entry will be moderated and any entry with inappropriate content will be excluded and the entrant disqualified from the Competition.
5. Every entrant warrants that a submitted entry does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the artwork submitted. The Wellington Regional Economic Development Agency reserves the right to disqualify any entrant immediately if it has reason to believe that publication of the artwork would be in breach of a third party’s copyright or any other right or claim.
8. By entering the competition, entrants warrant that all information submitted by them is true,
current and complete.
C. Entry, selection and prize draw
9. This Competition is open to entrants over the age of 18 (or over the age of 13 with parental consent) and agreement to these Terms & Conditions.
10. Each individual entrant may enter up to three individual entries. If an entrant exceeds this number of entries, the entrant and all previous entries will be excluded from the Competition.
11. Artwork must have been created using the Foundry MODO software and must be submitted as .lxo files.
12. Entries must be submitted to the AnimfxNZ Wellington Competition website form accompanied by a link to the entry file.
13. By entering this competition, entrants agree that AnimfxNZ and its organiser, the Wellington Regional Economic Development Agency, may use your artwork for any purpose whatsoever (including, but not limited to, advertising, packaging, marketing, and promotion, for any product or service). The artwork may be cropped, altered, transformed or reproduced in any way, in any current or future media (including, but not limited to, print, TV, film, digital and the internet), and may also be combined with any other works or text.
14. Entrants agree to relinquish all rights and copyright to each entry (and any derivative works). Entrants release the creator and its licensees and assignees from any and all claims and demands in connection with each entry or their future use. Entrants agree that the entry will not be submitted to any other competition.
15. The winner will be the entrant judged to have submitted the best original Wellington character as determined by the judging panel.
16. If the Competition winners do not acknowledge receipt, cannot be contacted and/or are not available in person to accept the prize within two weeks of the close of the competition they will not be eligible to redeem their prize.
17. Entries must be created for the sole purpose of entering the competition and be unpublished as of 20 November 2015.
18. Prizes are not redeemable for cash, are not transferable to any other person, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
19. If any of the prizes become unavailable (for any reason), the Wellington Regional Economic Development Agency reserves the right to provide the competition winner with a substitute prize.
20. The information provided on the entry form will be used to contact the competition winners.
In addition, the competition winners consent to the Wellington Regional Economic Development Agency using their entry, name and artwork for promotional purposes to be displayed on the WellingtonNZ.com and Animfxnz.co.nz website and social media channels, which will be shown after the competition has ended.
21. The competition entrants also consent to participate and co-operate as required in all promotional activities relating to the competition, including sharing photos of the prize use with Wellington Regional Economic Development Agency for use in social media and communications channels.
22. The entry forms and artwork will not be returned. All entrants and the competition winners agree to provide Wellington Regional Economic Development Agency with an unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free and non-exclusive license to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the entry image (along with a name credit) in connection with the competition and promotion of the competition.
23. All information provided by the entrants will be collected, used, stored, disclosed and corrected in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. All entrants have the right to access their information and request for any personal information to be corrected.
24. Grow Wellington Ltd would like to receive entries from as many people as possible and publish all submitted entries through the Animfx website form which comply with these Terms and Conditions.
25. However, the following persons are not eligible to win any prize:
- Anyone under the age of 13 at the time of entering the competition;
- Anyone under the age of 18 at the time of entering the competition without parental consent and agreement to the Terms & Conditions;
- Anyone entering more than three entries;
- Employees of Wellington Regional Economic Development Agency, Mechanic Animation, The Foundry, their immediate family members or any agencies or companies associated with the Competition.
26. The following Entries will be excluded:
- Artwork that in any way conflicts with applicable law or regulations, or the rights of third parties, including without limitation featuring people who have not consented to their image being entered and featuring copy right protected works or names, logos and registered trademarks without the rights holders consent.
27. Wellington Regional Economic Development Agency reserves the right to exclude any entrant from participating in the competition at its sole discretion. Wellington Regional Economic Development Agency also reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to an entrant who is in breach of these Terms and Conditions, gained an unfair advantage in participating in the competition or won a prize by using fraudulent means.
28. Wellington Regional Economic Development Agency will not be liable for any claims for loss, damage or injury whatsoever or for any physical or mental injury suffered by the competition entrants or competition winners as a result (directly or indirectly) of or in connection with the competition, competition entry or due to
any prizes won in the competition.
29. Wellington Regional Economic Development Agency reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
30. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of New Zealand courts.